Voting in the Board of Directors’ elections is the simplest way to effect change in the store that you own. By voting for the candidate(s) that most nearly match your vision for the Port Townsend Food Co-op, you participate in the direction that we take as a community-owned organization. We urge you to participate in the election each year so that your voice may be heard. Annual elections are held in May. Any questions? Contact the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org
Results of the 2014 election:
Lisa Barclay 411 (364 e-vote + 47 paper)
Janet Welch 376 (330 e-vote + 46 paper)
Total ballots received (e-vote and paper): 451
2 (duplicate) ballots received: 3
No envelope: 1
Blank e-votes: 5
Total rejected ballots: 9
Total valid votes: 442
New E-VOTING OPTION beginning 2014:
• On May 1, all active members with an email address on file at the Co-op are emailed instructions for how to vote electronically in the Board election.
• If a member doesn’t have an email address on file or didn’t receive an email he/she can visit the in-store computer and click on the e-voting link and confirm his/her identification to vote online.
• Paper ballots/envelopes are available for in-store voting. This requires a member number and signature.
• A downloadable ballot is available. If a member uses this option, he/she needs to use their own envelope which can be either dropped off in the red ballot box or mailed to The Co-op at 414 Kearney St. They MUST print their name, co-op number, and sign the envelope in order for their vote to be valid.
About Voting in the Board Elections
- The designated owner of the membership is the eligible voter in your household. Other household members who have an interest in voting in the Port Townsend Food Co-op’s Board elections will need to join the Port Townsend Food Co-op with their own membership number. If you have questions about who is currently the designated owner on your membership, or to change the designated owner, or to join the Food Co-op, ask at the Member Services Desk in the store.
- For your vote to be valid, your Capital Investment account must be paid and current by May 15. Any cashier can tell you if your membership is current. To bring your membership current, pay $2 for the month of May before May 15.
- Ballots must be received by 9pm, May 15. Ballots of owners who are “inactive” are not opened nor counted; when possible, we make an effort to contact these owners so they can put their membership in good standing before the end of the election. If you want your vote to count and have any doubt of your membership standing, please see Member Services.