The Food Co-op is Port Townsend’s only community-owned grocery store. Community ownership means member/owners have a say in how the business is run. Community ownership preserves and celebrates what is unique and local. Community ownership fights corporate hegemony!
A board of elected co-op members represents the Food Co-op’s member/owners. The Board sets policy and supervises the operations of the Co-op. Each member/owner gets one vote in the annual election held each May.
- Co-owner pricing; non-member/owners pay an extra 10% at the check stand
- 10% extra savings on Member Appreciation Day in March and October PLUS loads of prizes!
- Extra savings when you special order through UNFI and other vendors
- Use of Members Only coupons distributed through our email sales flyer
- Check writing privileges for up to $20 over purchase amount
- Voting privileges in Co-op elections
- The opportunity to run for the Port Townsend Food Co-op Board of Directors
- The opportunity to serve on Board committees
- The Port Townsend Food Co-op’s quarterly newsletter, The Co-op Commons
- Access to a free community space in the store, referred to as the Alcove, two times per month for local entrepreneurs and service providers — a great way to connect with your town. To reserve space, sign up at the Member Services Desk
- A 5-cent refund at the check stand when you reuse your grocery bags and bulk containers, which you can turn into a donation to a nonprofit organization in our “Beans for Bags” program
- Ticket sales at the Member Services Desk for local events and festivals
- Discounts at local businesses (Fair Winds Winery)
- Reciprocal shopping privileges when you shop at food co-ops around the world