How to Join
- Becoming an owner doesn’t really “cost” anything because your capital investment is fully refundable at any time.
- A paid-in-full member/owner pays a total Capital Investment (CI) of $100 plus a $5 join fee. The $5 fee is waived for EBT and WIC customers.
- You can pay your $100 capital investment in payments as small as $2 every month you shop. You can also pay for multiple months ($2 times the number of months you want to pay). However you choose to pay, you stop paying when you’ve accumulated $100 in your capital investment account.
- Each owner receives two membership cards (designated owner/voter and one household member) and you may share the membership with other household members, even visitors to your home from out of town.
- You’re encouraged to take a store tour, free to owners, and a great introduction to the many unique products sold in the Port Townsend Food Co-op, especially if you’re on a diet that requires special foods or supplements.
- It’s easy to join! Next time you’re in the store, just tell the cashier you want to become a co-owner. You’ll fill out a short application form and make your investment, and that’s it!
Have questions about joining the Port Townsend Food Co-op that aren’t answered here? Please contact our Outreach Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or ask at the Member Services Desk in the store.